“Let us begin to do good, for as yet we have done little.”
St. Francis of Assisi
Francis of Assisi desired to live the Gospels he did not set out to create a movement.
He chose a radical way of living the Gospels seeing God in all creation. As we journey through this program we will explore how each of us is called to live the Gospels today.
The Wheaton Franciscans are committed to sharing the Franciscan story and spirit with all, to this end, we are excited to offer Exploring the Franciscan Way of Life program. This is a two-year cohort program that is open to people of all faiths who want to learn more about Franciscan spirituality and how to integrate Franciscan values into daily life. It is designed for individuals with no experience in Franciscan spirituality, as well as those with more knowledge seeking to bond with others to deepen each other’s experience. The program is formatted to take place in 14 monthly sessions of approximately two hours each over a 2-year period, plus a day of reflection at the end of each year (a total of 16 sessions).
1. Introduction to Program and The Universal call to Holiness
2. Introduction to Francis of Assisi, His Culture and the Times
3. Introduction to Clare of Assisi and the Franciscan Family
4. Incarnation and Alternative Theology
8. Day of Reflection—Contemplation
2. Peace and Non-violence
4. Wheaton Franciscan Congregational History and Charism
5. The Servant Leadership of Francis and Clare
7. Living the Franciscan Way of Life Today
8. Day of Reflection—Discernment
9. Living Gospel Values for the Sake of God’s Creation