Francis of Assisi desired to live the Gospels – he did not set out to create a movement. He chose a radical way of living by seeing God in all creation.
The Wheaton Franciscans are committed to sharing the Franciscan story and spirit with all. We are excited to welcome our fourth cohort to this special online program. As we journey through this program, we will explore how each of us is called to live a values-based life in our world today.
Exploring the Franciscan Way of Life Online is an 18-month program open to people of all, or no, faith tradition who want to learn more about Franciscan spirituality and how to integrate the Good News of God’s love into daily life. It is designed for individuals with no experience in Franciscan spirituality, as well as those with more knowledge seeking to bond with others to deepen one another’s experience. The on-line program is formatted to take place in monthly sessions of approximately two hours each, plus two Saturday mornings providing an opportunity for deeper reflection. Community building is an important component of the program. Participation in the scheduled sessions contributes to building a safe and caring community.
Each session provides readings to prepare for the session which includes prayer, input, reflection, and discussion. Contemplative sharing time has been built into the schedule in acknowledgement of the potential limitations of online programs.
This program started January 14th and continues monthly.
Free will donation – Registration is limited
Sessions are held the second Thursday of the month 7:00-9:00 p.m. Central Time, except as noted.
All sessions will be held via Zoom. The link will be sent to registered participant prior to the session.
Session dates include:
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, April 8, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, June 10, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, July 8, 2021 (7-9pm)
- * Thursday, August 5, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, September 9, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 (9am-1pm)
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 (7-9pm)
- * Thursday, December 2, 2021 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, January 13, 2022 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, February 10, 2022 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 (7-9pm)
- * Thursday, April 7, 2022 (7-9pm)
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 (7-9pm)
- Saturday, June 4, 2022 (9am-1pm)
* These 3 sessions meet 1st Thursday of the month