Becoming a part of the Wheaton Franciscans and Our Lady of the Angels team means engagement with other Franciscan hearted people for the common good.
OUR TEAM SHARES VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Before joining our team, we ask that you review the Our Lady of the Angels values and behaviors below. If they resonate with you, please complete our employment application below.
Reminds us that we are Franciscan hearted people with rich traditions. We share the belief that all of God’s creation is to be treated with respect and compassion.
Reminds us that how we live and work today impacts the future. We recognize that our decisions and actions help to create a world we desire to leave future generations.
Reminds us that the “whole is greater than the sum of the parts.” Working and serving together we can make a difference in our world and work to meet the needs of the times.
Reminds all who work for, volunteer at, or represent Our Lady of the Angels, of our commitment to live the values of respect, compassion, integrity, professionalism, and collaboration in all our daily interactions
We define Respect as respect of self and others, and the environment.
- We treat others as we wish to be treated
- We demonstrate fairness in our judgements and actions
- We honor confidentiality and the physical space and belongings of others
- We embrace everyone’s unique talents and honor diverse life and work styles
- We accept different viewpoints, philosophies, physical ability, beliefs, and personality
We define Compassion as appreciation for, and a genuine concern about, the other person and the needs of other people.
- We show consideration, empathy and kindness for one another
- We listen with an open heart and an open mind
- We are thoughtful in our personal and corporate communication, taking time to think before speaking
- We strive to suspend judgement and to seek to understand perspectives and situations different from our own
- We promote peace, nonviolence, and justice in all actions
- We work to create a culture of harmony and belonging where everyone feels welcome
We define Professionalism as the knowledge, skill, quality, and attitude with which we provide services.
- We do our work with love and commitment to a job well done
- We bring a positive attitude and joy in our hearts to the work we do and the people we serve
- We carry ourselves well and with confidence
- We are reliable, punctual, helpful, and thorough
- We demonstrate competence, as well as humility to continue to learn and grow
- We address challenges quickly and creatively
- We strive to stay focused on work rather than getting distracted by gossip
- We manage personal stress and work to stay cool under pressure
We define Integrity as putting our values into action.
- We do the right thing even when it is not popular or easy
- We take responsibility and we keep our promises
- We conduct ourselves in accordance with the highest standards
- We are transparent, honest and ethical in all our interactions
- We are clear in all communication so that we instill confidence and are known as trustworthy
- We give and receive constructive feedback
We define Collaboration as working together for the sake of the whole organization and those we serve.
- We help one another so that everyone is successful
- We acknowledge and support one another’s gifts and talents
- We appreciate and build each other up
- We are present and available to one another
- We respect each other’s time
- We use humor appropriately to encourage and energize our work
- We celebrate our lives and our work
Current Job Opportunities
We’re sorry there are no current job opportunities available at this time. Please check back.
Become a volunteer!
Do you want to become a volunteer for the Wheaton Franciscans?